Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's = Closet Organizing Time

For some reason, the new year means I need to get organized. My main targets are closets and drawers. Can you believe I don't even have a junk drawer? This is the first time in my life I've not had an entire drawer dedicated to what nots and things I don't know where else to put.

Have you ever wondered how they get those stacks of sweaters lined up perfectly in the clothing store?
One day I was at a store and saw one of the associates tirelessly folding sweater upon sweater and stacking them up perfectly. So I asked her for her secret.  And this is it:
It's a 9 x 12 piece of cardboard and I use it to fold each shirt or sweater so they stack up perfectly.

I decided the hubby's closet needed some help. Exhibit A:
I hope you read this post quick because if Mr. Lane sees that I put this out there on Al Gore's world wide web, well he might be a tad annoyed that I showed everyone his closet. But if it was all nice and neat then I wouldn't have to show it to you right?

Place the board on the shirt while the shirt is laying faced down.


Then fold over each arm.

Then fol the bottom up and slip the cardboard out. All of your folded items will have the same dimensions and your closet will look much better:
Just makes me feel good all over! Now go tackle a closet!



3 comments:

  1. great tip, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally welcome. Easy and free wins every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank great tip

    Natasha xxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always love feedback on what my readers (like you) are thinking.